Monday, December 24, 2007

Like Terry Pratchett?


I know he's not for all, but I am a big Terry Pratchett fan. So big a fan in fact, that I've read almost all his books. Even though he is one of the most prolific writers around. So it was a stroke of luck that the one time I follow an Amazon recommendation, I stumbled across Tom Holt. Generally Amazon's recommendations blow, but this time I was led to sheer genius.


Holt writes these smart, funny, "fantasy" novels. Fantasy in that he writes about sassy, bitter elves in Little People and gods in Here Comes the Sun and Odds and Gods http://www.tom-holt.com/divinecomedies.htm. But by far, my favorite has been You Don't Have to Be Evil to Work Here, But It Helps http://www.tom-holt.com/youdonthavetobeevil.htm
Has anyone else read anything by Holt they'd recommend, or is there another writer like him I should be reading?

1 comment:

Annette Hanley said...

One person has already started reading this. C'mon Carm, post!