

Right now, I'm trying to make my way through Ex-Libris by Ross King. Yeah, I know that first sentence probably makes the book sound less than appealing. It is good though.
I'm not very far into it, but here's the story so far. Set in 17th century England, there's a bookseller who is tasked with tracking down a fabled manuscript. In tracking it down, he becomes fascinated with the previous owner. It's a mystery, not my usual style, but I love the intrigue set in historical times.
What's making the book tough is probably my own reading style. There's bits I get hung up on, cause I'm desperate to understand and worried that it will come up later in the book.
Anyone familiar with the book, or interested in reading it, hop on board.
I'm also reading the latest Douglas Coupland book, The Gum Thief. Not bad, but not nearly as good as earlier stuff.
2 comments:
Cleaning out my wallet today I realized I have a $25 gift card to a book store. Yes, I am made of money.
Cleaning out my wallet today I realized I have a $25 gift card to a book store. Yes, I am made of money.
Post a Comment